Thursday, July 14, 2011

SWAMP PEOPLE

"Shoot him Lizbeth!"

SWAMP PEOPLE on the History Channel is my new favorite show starring my Louisiana relatives Troy and Elizabeth.

Hunting for alligators near Pierre Part in the bayous and the basin is a lucrative occupation for them and for other Cajun fishermen.

I am learning the ABC's of handling and hiding bait, navigating the treacherous waters in a skiff, and using a big a-- gun to shoot gators in the head. Tagging them is the easy part. Lifting a 1,000 pound gator into a small boat takes a real man . . . or woman.

I admire Elizabeth. I would love to have her autograph my alligator handbag. Who knows. It might have been fashioned with skin from a gator she shot. As a favor, I am sending my Romanian esthetician to wax her face.

No comments:

Post a Comment