Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Working at Retirement


I have had almost 4,000 page views on this blog. Interesting. The counter at the top of the blog column is new. The page views are lower down the left column.


O joyous summer. When I joined Linked In recently, a friend asked, What exactly is your profession?" Practicing being retired was my answer.


No kidding. After all those years of rolling out of bed at five a.m. for forty years to prepare for my day at school, I was bereft of activities. But I learned quickly. Sleep late. Take naps. Eat whenever. Shop. Watch tv. Read. Write. Meditate. Take classes. Garden. Play on the computer. Jazzercise. Check Facebook. Go to the lake. Write letters. Lunch with friends. Cook, well, maybe not. Life is divine.


My newest endeavor is piano. Today I may look online for a piano lessons book. Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment