Friday, April 1, 2011

BROWN SUGAR

A really good friend of mine told me about the nutritional value of brown sugar as compared with Aspertame. She aso recommended that I read DEADLY DECEPTION: THE STORY OF ASPERTAME. I spent $35 on the text, which contains copies of double-blind studies done by medical organizations, medical newsletters,  reports from THE NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE, research studies conducted at top universities and medical research facilities in the US and abroad, newspaper and magazine reports, and even studies conducted by National Science Fair winners in the US.

I was shocked by the research findings. I see a nutritionist regularly, and he told me that he believed sugar producers in this country were railing against against companies that manufacture and sell synthetic sweeteners. I happen to be a discerning patient, and this time, I doubted the validity of his advice.

Recently, on a very unique and amazing trip to Pensacola Beach, Florida, I purchased some brown sugar to sweeten my coffee: Demarara Sugar, Pure Florida Cane Sugar Crystals. I tasted a spoonful and thought my tastebuds were in love. This is the most flavorful sugar I have ever tasted; not as sweet as refined white sugar, and not as strong and pungent as dark brown sugar.

It is really amazing that all the time I lived in Louisiana in a sugar cane producting area, I don't remember using brown sugar to sweeten drinks. I am beginning to believe that brown sugar is a healthier and safer option than refined white sugar or aspertame.

It may be; however, at the rate I'm chunking this amazing sweetener down, I may have a self-induced sugar high for some time.

http://cajuncoop.com/
http://books.google.com/books?id=S-0oAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA136&lpg=PA136&dq=louisiana+brown+sugar+picture&source=bl&ots=3Qh4Nprr8X&sig=qeaJdR1TXqOW3HHw0oKKcBW1IyQ&hl=en&ei=W62WTYO7LKiw0QHSvtiEDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CCIQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

No comments:

Post a Comment