Friday, April 1, 2011

Alicia's 35th Birthday, APRIL 1, 2011

My April Fool baby is 35 today.

ALICIA ALAINE BARRAS, born in Lake Charles, LA in 1976, burst into the world playing her first practical joke on me because April 1st was my due date. I begged my doctor to induce labor BEFORE my due date because I had reservations about her celebrating her birthday on APRIL FOOL'S day the rest of her life.

Alicia became the practical joker and never ceases to make us elated, happy, or embarrassed by her well-thought-out escapades.

She has done well.
She graduated from the University of Georgia with degrees in French and International Businees. She attended the Universite© Jean Moulin - Lyon III 8Ãrrondissement Lyon, 69008 Lyon, France, her entire junior year of college and backbacked alone or with other students all over Europe.
I was mortified that, at 20 years old, and her first time abroad, she had the independence to travel to churches all over western Europeto research French documents in hopes of tracing our family geneology. I hoped she would return to announce that I was a descendant of a royal family, perhaps a relative of Eleanor of Acquitaine.

AAB is smart and independent and good. She has headed a network, sort of an inderground railroad, to ask people to volunteer to transport rescued dogs from one part of the US to another. She is single and owns her own home on an acre of property, just 45 minutes from Marietta, closer to the energy of Atlanta.
Alicia owns three rescued dogs, Simone, Dakota, and Satan. The third is named after me because he tries to bite me every time I visit her. He has tried to take chunks out of my derrierre. Larry says that's because he's an a___ man. Those dogs are as large as small ponies.

Just this month, in Dallas, TX, Alicia was awarded an REA  [Real Estate Executive] designation by the National Association of Realtors for commendable and consistent educational advances, proven participation and presentations in local, regional, and national real estate seminars, and scoring high on a national real estate exam.

This year, she was the youngest designee in the nation, of the 200 real estate executives achieving such a designation. She hopes to get a raise, but the real estate market in Atlanta is hurting. When she told me the CEO said they could not afford to serve bottled water at executive board meetings, I told her to brush up her resume.

Alicia's titles:

Director of Membership & Professional Standards at 400 North Board of REALTORS [Atlanta Board of Realtors-8,000 members]

Director of Membership & Professional Standards at Georgia Association of Mortgage Professionals

Director of Membership & Professional Standards at Gordon Association of REALTORS

She's a busy girl. I hope she realizes that she is in the prime of her life.

Check our family out on LINKED IN: Alicia Barras, Braden Barras, Pat Barras


I

No comments:

Post a Comment